I do keynote addresses on a variety of computing and futurist topics, mostly about the future of transportation, digital technology or
the issues at the EFF.
I am now vaccinated and boosted and ready to book in-person engagements at events with vaccinated participants.
|Venue in Beijing for Baidu's BIG TALK: The Forbidden City|
My most popular topic today is the future of self-driving cars.
Even on serious topics, my talks are hopefully funny. In the past several years I have given
well over 100 keynotes on this topic in 35 countries.
My top topics and best talks are about:
- The coming of self-driving cars and their impact on society (and many sub-topics)
- Everything you know about Self-Driving Cars is wrong
- Hot Robocar Issues: LIDAR, Maps, V2V, Fatalities (always changing)
- Robocars and Real Estate
- Robocars and Insurance
- Robocars and Cities
- The End and Future of Public Transit
- Delivery, Trucking, Minimobility and Micromobility
- Where's my Flying Car?
- Hot computing topics: The internet's secret sauce; abundance of bandwidth; VR/AR; the reality of the
"internet of things" and snippets on other topics below.
- Bitcoin, NFTs and the future of money and art -- a pile of manure with a pony inside
- Privacy in the future, The NSA and the Snowden disclosures
- Copyright and the creative economy -- how people can make money from
creative work in the post-scarcity world.
- Introduction to exponential thinking and singularity ideas -- how to change your mindset for the new pace of technology
- The lessons the computer industry can teach the world and every company about living with change
- How high-tech saved us from Covid-19 and how it will do more if there's a next time
In addition I can cover a number of other interesting topics, including:
- The dark side of Web 2.0/cloud computing, social networks, data portability
and single sign-on.
- Singularity topics: Nanotechnology, AI, Patternism (copyable people and AIs) or
"Would you let Mr. Scott beam you up in the Transporter?"
- Instant Messaging, Presence and Voice over IP
- "They're coming for your computer" -- a general talk on digital freedom
- Electronic publishing, e-books and science fiction publishing
- The automation of good and evil
- History of the internet, USENET and dot-coms
I'm asked to speak on these topics in part because of my
because of my history with comedy. I usually get the audience laughing unless it's
one of the scary talks. Sometimes even then.
Contact me for terms and speaking fees. Fees depend on distance and schedule elements.
I regret that I do this enough that I only do a small number of free or low-fee events per year.
Other Useful Pages
Contact me for payment and travel information.